Friday 11 September 2009

The Flying ‘Things’ and the Golden Safety Pins

“It is coming!!”

“What??”

“Something scary, I am sure!!”

I wait with fear for the scary thing inside a house. I guess I was talking to somebody in the house, but can’t remember.

Anyway I secure all the doors and windows carefully. I know something is coming...

And they come. Something dressed entirely in black..And they are flying!!

On closer look, it seemed to be human...Hmm... It more or less looked like the Asuras (demons) we see on TV.

Anyway those things were trying to enter my house. What was I supposed to do???

And then I find myself outside the house. There are a lot of people around and they are moving about. I soon find out that the demons attack only those who move. That is, if we stand like statues, they won’t hurt us!!:-))

All the people around also seemed to realise this and they all stand like statues! Not even a blink! And the black things come and inspect us, watching us closely if we are moving!!

Soon I am in for a surprise. One of the demons comes and talks to me and gives me something..A large number of golden safety pins!!!! It seemed they acted as fangs for the demons..It worked this way: they put two safety pins into their mouths and there- two shiny fangs all set and ready to bite or whatever!!

As far as I can remember, I did not take those safety pins! I have had enough as it is!

9 comments:

Destiny's child... said...

:D
You and your weirdo dreams. I wonder what life would have been without these hilarious things we call dreams, nightmares, watever...:D
No points for guessing. It would have been damn boring!

The Holy Lama said...

A real meeting place for myth and safety- your dreams.Dream more:)

Rush said...

lol...that was fun!!

Novice Writer said...

Destiny's Child, of course it would be so boring without dreams..Oh I really look forward to dreaming and more importantly to remember them in the morning!

Holy Lama- It sure is..I wonder what I will dream of today:-)

Rush- ya! It was even more fun seeing it:-))

Swatantra said...

Oh that is very imaginative .. Thanks for the visit to my blog. Hope to see u again!!

Swubird said...

Novice writer:

We can't chose our families, and we can't chose our dreams. We just get what we get.

Nice story.

happy trails.

bigB said...

Lucky that you can put your dreams to words...I do dream...but they vanish as soon as i am awake...i just have the hang of it....Dream large...write larger...loved your blogs...

Novice Writer said...

Swatantra..Thank you very much..keep visiting:-)

Thats so true Swubird..I guess that makes life and dreams so interesting!

bigB I too forget my dreams sometimes..and it is so irritating when u know that u know but u dont know..erm..u know.glad that u liked my blogs:-)

Peter said...

Hi! I look forward to dreaming, as long as they're good dreams mind you!

I often wonder what controls them though. Is it the heat or the old of the night, our emotional level at the time or what we've had to eat for dinner. Who knows!

My most vivid dreams, more like A grade movies actually, occur when I'm extremely tired and hot!

The best ones reoccur from time to time for some reason, and, hoping there is nothing ominous about them, look forward to seeing them again!

Take Care,
Peter